This Friday, June 24th, I’ll be signing at Coliseum of Comics in Orlando. There are multiple stores, but I’ll be at the Millenia location!
Figment, Wayward, Samurai Jack, Thunderbolts, Skullkickers and a whole lot more!
Disney fans have been asking when I’d be visiting Florida and now, finally, it’s happening in just a few days! Please share this info with other Figment fans and, if you live in Florida, I hope to see you there!
Glitterbomb, my new creator-owned comic at Image co-created with Djibril-Morissette-Phan, will be arriving in early September (and we’ll have exclusive advance copies at Fan Expo Canada in Toronto if you’re going to be there). I’m incredibly excited for people to experience this new project and see what we’ve got cooking. If you’re interested, please pre-order from your local comic shop now to make sure you’ve got a copy waiting for you when it launches. Here’s the solicit listing…
STORY: JIM ZUB
ART: DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN & K. MICHAEL RUSSELL
COVER A: DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN
COVER B: STEVEN CUMMINGS & DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN
SEPTEMBER 7 / 40 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99
Farrah Durante is a middle-aged actress hunting for her next gig in an industry where youth trumps experience. Her frustrations become an emotional lure for something horrifying out beyond the water…something ready to exact revenge on the shallow celebrity-obsessed culture that’s lead her astray.
Fan favorite Jim Zub (Wayward, Thunderbolts) and newcomer Djibril Morissette-Phan tear into the heart of Hollywood in GLITTERBOMB, a dramatic horror story about fame and failure.
The entertainment industry feeds on our insecurities, desires, and fears. You can’t toy with those kinds of primal emotions without them biting back…
“A gut-punch of glitz and blood and starf**ked culture. You want to read this.” – Chuck Wendig (Blackbirds)
Want to find out more about Glitterbomb? Here are some interviews:
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of the Vampire #2 arrived in stores this week. Let’s see what critics thought of it!
• Adventures In Poor Taste: 9/10 “This is the best damn fantasy series on the shelves today. It’s fun, action-packed, and very funny.”
• Big Glasgow: 8/10 “This is a fun series and a must read for fans of the Dungeons & Dragons game.”
• Comic Bastards: 10/10 “…this series fully nails not only the D&D feel but also perfectly illustrates what a great role-playing session and story is like. All while also being a great comic.”
• Comics the Gathering: 9/10 “The action shines best naturally through the art. The characters are expressive and diverse and the panels of action are clear in their intent as well as dynamic. The colors as well are bold, fitting for a fantasy setting.”
• Multiversity: 8.8/10 “A very fun read, full of great characters, good lines, and a connection to a classic Dungeons and Dragons game storyline.”
Manny Gomez from Tuffgnarl interviewed me about writing Thunderbolts and what’s in store for our team of trouble-making anti-heroes as well as other projects I have on my writing plate right now. Give it a read.
writer Jim Zub
artist Omar Dogan
cover A Omar Dogan
cover B Rob “Robaato” Porter
cover C (homage) Edwin Huang
It’s the stinging bee versus the hungry spider, when Cammy gets up close and personal with Juri! But Juri’s not the only deadly damsel on the scene. This issue opens with a battle between five ferocious female fighters, all with ties to Shadaloo!
Plus in a special bonus story, Akuma learns that branding yourself as a demon means you may also be hunted as one!